Counselling is another term for “talking therapy” and is a profession that offers strong evidenced based interventions.
It gives you the opportunity to openly discuss your feelings, emotions, and actions and what you believe might be holding you back from enjoying life to the fullest.
At times, throughout your life, we all need support from someone outside of our usual network. I look forward to working alongside you to unravel the confusion and demands made on you in today’s world.
Counselling sessions are provided in a caring, confidential, and supportive environment.
Positive changes occur in your life when you can explore and understand your feelings and emotions in more depth.
Counselling gives clarity to:
- issues and challenges that are stopping you from making lasting changes,
- allowing you to gain new insight and ways of thinking about situations,
- regain your emotional balance,
- an enhanced ability to manage and regulate your feelings and emotions,
- unhelpful or unhealthy ways of thinking, feeling, and behaving,
- reduces anxiety and stress.
You have the power to change your negative thoughts into positive actions.
It may be difficult to know where to start and you may feel overwhelmed. This is perfectly normal.
I would love to connect with you and assist in resolving your concerns so that you can be reinvigorated and empowered to be the person you want to be.
Counselling helps you to manage and overcome these feelings and develop effective coping skills to create lasting change in your life.
At The Self Awareness Centre, I use a variety of counselling techniques when working with clients including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
A technique that can help people find new ways to behave by changing their thought patterns.
- Solution Focused Therapy
Places the focus on a person's present and future circumstances and goals rather than past experiences.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Accept what is out of your personal control and commit to action that improves and enriches your life.